Monday, August 07, 2006

To blog or not to blog?

My husband Dave and a good friend, Jabiz, have been trying to hook me into blog spaces for quite some time. I must admit, the idea seemed cool but I just didn't have the time. Up until a couple of months ago, I have been working full time in international schools. I just couldn't find the time. Truly. Those teachers reading this know what it is like to juggle life at home, a social life, four classes a day and all that bloody grading! But here I am, a new expat wife with all the time in the world.

I have visited a number of blog sites over the last few weeks. Some are intense, some thought-provoking. Some are funny, silly, topic focused or just entertaining. I love the ones with music and photos and quotes and videos. I also love reading discussions about world issues, environmental topics, online arguments. So what will mine be like I wondered?

Mine is just going to be mine - the musings of a shoe diva. Flats or heels? Getting caught in the rain in a pair of incredibly inappropriate six inch stilettos. Why Teva sandals should never be worn in a professional work place, especially with a tie-dyed dress. You get it - really intellectual stuff like that.

Welcome to my musings, shoe diva or not.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Do you mind if I ask what you taught? My hubby's training as a Japanese and TESOL teacher atm. We plan to move to Japan or Thailand at the end of next year when he's qualified, but Singapore and KL are on the list of places where he'd like to teach too... any advice?