Monday, August 21, 2006

Shoe of the Week - 21 August, 2006

Would you believe it was my husband who gave me the idea for these weekly posts? Yes, he knows me well.

Every week, I will attempt to show case my ever expanding shoe collection. Not only can you see where all his money goes, you might just pick up some handy fashion tips.

I will talk about the shoe, where I bought it and how I plan to use it within my wardrobe. Interesting and superficial - yep, that's me.

The pair to feature this week are actually the latest acquistion in my shoe collection. I have discovered this fabulous new local shoe brand called Sapato. A relatively young company, these shoes are made and designed here in the Philippines. Sapato only offer a limited number in each size which also means you won't see huge numbers of women with the same shoes as you.

I would describe these as black snake skin peeptoe flats:



As fashion has rapidly moved towards ballet pumps over the last 12 months, I did need a number of new flat shoes to complement the latest fashions. These flats look great with skinny jeans/trousers and shorts (in any number of styles).

My husband bought them for me at the American Womens Bazaar last week. I instantly fell in love with the bright blue suede inners and the unusual leather. For those of you who know me, I am always a sucker for a peep toe. After salivating over them for about 15 minutes, he got so fed up with me that he insisted HE buy them because he wanted to go home and play X-Box.

Men have a lot to learn about the strategies we will use to get new shoes.

I most recently wore them with a black silk blouse with lace inserts and white knee-length bermuda type shorts. Paired with a black leather Mulberry bag, complete with large side compartments, they really looked great! I also wore them recently with funky destressed jeans, black singlet and a great denim pinstripe short-sleeved cropped jacket - perfect for hiding those yet-to-be-toned triceps. They were ultra comfortable for a full five hours of shopping at Greenhills in Ortigas, Manila.

These also came in a camel colour and brown. I give them a full five stars and a 'highly recommended' for fashion versatility and comfort.

No comments: