Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.....

When it comes to rugby, I've got all my bases covered. My Dad is from New Zealand and my Mum is from Fiji. I waited for this World Cup with bated breath. You see, I really love my rugby.

So much so, it has taken me this long to even contemplate posting about New Zealand's sudden and unexpected departure from their quest for the cup. Viva la France? You must be joking.

Yes, things got interesting. I lost my voice cheering for Fiji during their triumphant win over Wales. I had friends over to watch the English give it to the Aussies. We all woke up excitedly to watch the NZ-France match. I went back to bed with the heaviest of hearts. Gutted. That is all I can say.

So then, Fiji took on South Africa. What a game! Without a doubt, Fiji played tremendously and won the hearts of rugby lovers world wide. They definitely take my vote for team of the tournament.

Suddenly, they were all out. New Zealand - gone. Fiji - game over.

I took heart in the fact that England were in the final even though the whole time I was thinking, "How the f**k did England make it to the finals................again?" Luckily, just about every Englishman I know was thinking the exact same thing.

Now it's all over. Well done to South Africa. Lekker bro.

Maybe I should switch to watching soccer.




Nah. Still love my rugby. New Zealand - 2011. Go the Blacks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rugby is a rubbish sport, i am with dave. Mountainbiking! now that is where it is at!

Hope you are well and dandy out there, maybe hopefully me and the missus will be able to come out and visit you three (gucci looks wicked!)

Boo Ya

Smiffy

xx...beth...xx said...

Hi, I’ve been reading your blog and think it’s great! So I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours? It’s http://www.dailyfashionblog.blogspot.com
Thanks Beth x