Friday, March 09, 2007

For the love of rugby.....

I have not blogged in forever. Life just gets in the way at the moment.

Tomorrow is the ANZA Grand Charity Ball - as a member of the committee, it seems that this event has consumed every moment of my time over the last three months. I have organised over 30 corporate prizes, one social event for expatriate women, two written articles for a magazine and countless hours in the car to-ing and fro-ing from meetings in Makati.

Wednesday's are a write off for any type of computer time. I teach two non-English speaking nuns and about twenty children in the slums of Tondo, central Manila. From there, I jump in the car and head off to rugby training to clear my head.

Coming up, I have a touch tournament and then following, the Manila 10's International Tournament plus add in our first international tour in Pattaya, Thailand.

My point exactly?

I love fashion. I am enamoured with shoes. I adore my husband. I would lie in front of a moving vehicle for my dog. But rugby.....ah rugby, that is a whole lot of other love.

As a commitment of my love for this sport, Fungus and I decided to sign on as a major sponsor for the upcoming, first ever Nomads Touch tournament. Today was particularly exciting as our 'company', which is in its birth stages, was unveiled on the tournament advertising and banners:



Gee, I wonder which sponsor we are?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you and your team in Pattaya this year! Sooooo wish I was joining you. Play hard, have lots of fun, and for the love of God... don't put the security lock on your hotel room door when you're about to pass out cold and your roomie is still out on the town! Classic!

Big hugs,
Tam